We visited Ikea in Atlanta several weeks ago and bought John a bookshelf for his closet. Well, John and I decided that if we waited for Daddy to put it together we could be waiting a while. So Mommy scooted it inside because it was a little heavy and we went to work.
John opening the box.

Getting things laid out.

Using Daddy's hammer, he actually hit Mommy's thumb and it did hurt.

Working hard.

Maybe I could use this as some sort of toy, a boat maybe?

Looking good.

Before the finished product is revealed, this is why we were in need of a bookshelf. Mommy loves to buy John books and she loves to receive them for presents for John. She thinks there is nothing better, but . . .
The closet floor

The bottom of John's dresser/changing table

And in a bin beside the chair. We have lots of books in lots of nooks and crannies.

So the finished product is revealed. Our books are all organized for the time and John even puts them back after we get done reading them. There will have to be some rearragement of the longer clothes but this is such a drastic improvement that I will happily move some things around.

2 comments:
First of all, I'm impressed you (and John) put that together! It looks great. And how did you do that pregnant? I can't get up off the floor without the help of a chair/table/etc. much less crawling on the floor with a hammer, putting together a book shelf. You go girl!!!
I love your blog!
John is growing up so fast!
The bookshelf looks great and you and John are definitely a good mommy/son team :)
Love ya,
Kim
Post a Comment