Sunday, July 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So we are finally moved into our new house and yes, there is a FSU flag up. Come football season, there will be a Vol one too! I want to give a little background on our new house. When we moved into our house on post last July we truly thought it would be for about 6 months or until Burt deployed. Six months came and went and Burt asked if I wanted to start looking for houses. I didn't feel like we were supposed to buy a house at that time. I don't know what it was but God kept prompting me with things telling me no or wait. In January, we put ourselves on the waiting list for different post housing and thought that might be the answer. In May, after Burt made Major I went to the housing office and we were number 37 on that list. I looked at the list and people had been on it for 2 years waiting. I talked to the housing people and was told it was pretty much a wish list for housing. Ok, so Burt and I started looking for houses right after his ankle surgery. We weren't finding anything that just "fit" for us - for our lifestyle, our kids, and our dog. So one of our good friends in our Sunday School class is a builder and we started looking and house plans and lots in a neighborhood we particularly loved. So we picked our house plan and went to picking out lots. First lot we picked, went under contract the week before. So we liked two other lots, Bryce called about those, recently sold. Ok, God what are you trying to tell us? That was on a Monday in June so we decided to kind of sit on it for a little bit and figure out what God was telling us. On Friday of that same week, we get a call that housing where we want on post might come available in August. So the following Tuesday they come and do an inspection on the house we are in to tell us what all needs to be put back in order before we were to move, if we got housing. The next morning I got a call with our new address. Seriously, such a God thing! We were so amazed at how God provided for us by just waiting for him. Another God thing is that on Sunday, my friend Karen (Bryce's wife) texts to tell me that the first lot we wanted just came back on the market. God took it off just long enough for us not to buy it. We are so happy for more space, more comfortable living, and this newer house. God does provide!!

I don't really have all the rooms how I want them but the kids' bathroom is pretty close. I do want a valance in the "toilet room" but other than this room is pretty much there. I will have to put a disclaimer that some of my paint colors turned out a little more bright than I wanted. (Although this picture makes it even brighter.) I figure this is the kids' bathroom so the bright green will work out fine. Looking from the hallway door. The door with the kids' towels is the "toilet room" and has a linen closet.
View from the toilet room, the shower curtain is blue and white gingham




Photobucket

3 comments:

Brandi said...

So happy for you guys!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

Such a cute house!! So glad everything worked out!

Lori said...

God is good...ALL the time! What an amazing story! Very cute house.