Today was my first day on my own without Burt to help. I am happy to say that I survived. It actually went very well. John was great. He helped me and we played while Clara slept. He helped me give Clara a bath this morning. He normally wants to go outside all of the time and will just walk outside without asking. Today, he asked and he was able to play in the backyard some by himself. He did take the liberty of getting the tractor in the garage and driving it through the house to the backyard. We all three were able to take a nap at the same time for a short while as well. My friend Laura brought over dinner which was yummy! She even brought over chocolate covered strawberries which I LOVE!!! We then did go outside to play. I put Clara in the travel swing and we sat in the garage. Now the funny thing is that I thought I would have some help this evening. Wrong!! Burt has a patient in labor and is still at the hospital. So I got John in the bath, teeth brushed, and then Clara and I went to his room for us all to read books together. Now the night shift begins!!
Our Chocolate Covered Strawberries! Yummy!

John enjoying his first chocolate covered strawberry. He said Daddy could have One, the rest are for Mommy and John.

The protective brother watching the television in Mommy and Daddy's room.

The princess in the swing.
2 comments:
Those are darling pictures
What a blessing to have John love Clara so much
Connor was like that with cole which is how cole got the nickname
Cole baby (connor use to call him HIS cole baby)
So sweet!
Kim
Hey! Those Strawberries look soooooo good:) I'm glad ya'll were able to come to the party. Tell John he can come have ice cream anytime. That was cute. Let me know if ya'll need anything. John can come play with Joshua if you need a little break too :)
Post a Comment