Well, since we have unofficial orders to be heading to Fort Campbell, we headed there Friday through Monday to do some house hunting. It is always eventful with a two and a half year old but John really was a trooper. We had a seven hour car ride to Clarksville then we were in the car all weekend going to and from houses. Long story short we didn't find anything. We did find several neighborhoods we liked and will continue to look online. We don't know if we will make it back up there before the move since Clara is due in 5 weeks so things truly are up in the air at this point.
I did find Clarksville a lot different than Columbus. I have truly fallen in love with Columbus the past 3 years. I didn't think I would consider anyplace home besides east Tennessee home but I have been totally blessed the past three years. Clarksville was just different. There is much more of a military feel about it. It seemed a lot more congested as well. It doesn't help things that I am hormonal. (Sorry folks but it is the truth being 35 weeks pregnant.) I am constantly about to tear up and thinking of leaving my friends, John's friends, our church, and everything else here is starting to get to me a little bit. So then last night after the Lady Vols game I sat down to do my Bible study and we are in week 2 of Beth Moore's Stepping Up: A Journey Through The Psalms of Ascent. I didn't know if I was going to do this Bible study since my due date is the last date of the study. I guess God knows what he is doing when he tells you to do something. Well, below is a little bit of what I was reading last night.
Beth Moore writes . . .
Most of us have a love-hate relationship with the places where we've gotten our mail, but God intended to use every step to equip us as servants. You have been assigned to your town or your city, and equally, it has been assigned to you. You may feel like an exile within its city limits, but just as God spoke through the prophet Jeremiah. He wants to prosper you there.
God is just taking one thing after another lately and applying it to my life. The scripture that went along with the study was Jeremiah 29:4-7 and Psalm 122.
Jeremiah 29:4-7
4 This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says to all those I carried into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: 5 "Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. 6 Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. 7 Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper."
Psalm 122
A song of ascents. Of David.
1 I rejoiced with those who said to me,
"Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2 Our feet are standing
in your gates, O Jerusalem.
3 Jerusalem is built like a city
that is closely compacted together.
4 That is where the tribes go up,
the tribes of the LORD,
to praise the name of the LORD
according to the statute given to Israel.
5 There the thrones for judgment stand,
the thrones of the house of David.
6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May those who love you be secure.
7 May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels."
8 For the sake of my brothers and friends,
I will say, "Peace be within you."
9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your prosperity.
I did find Clarksville a lot different than Columbus. I have truly fallen in love with Columbus the past 3 years. I didn't think I would consider anyplace home besides east Tennessee home but I have been totally blessed the past three years. Clarksville was just different. There is much more of a military feel about it. It seemed a lot more congested as well. It doesn't help things that I am hormonal. (Sorry folks but it is the truth being 35 weeks pregnant.) I am constantly about to tear up and thinking of leaving my friends, John's friends, our church, and everything else here is starting to get to me a little bit. So then last night after the Lady Vols game I sat down to do my Bible study and we are in week 2 of Beth Moore's Stepping Up: A Journey Through The Psalms of Ascent. I didn't know if I was going to do this Bible study since my due date is the last date of the study. I guess God knows what he is doing when he tells you to do something. Well, below is a little bit of what I was reading last night.
Beth Moore writes . . .
Most of us have a love-hate relationship with the places where we've gotten our mail, but God intended to use every step to equip us as servants. You have been assigned to your town or your city, and equally, it has been assigned to you. You may feel like an exile within its city limits, but just as God spoke through the prophet Jeremiah. He wants to prosper you there.
God is just taking one thing after another lately and applying it to my life. The scripture that went along with the study was Jeremiah 29:4-7 and Psalm 122.
Jeremiah 29:4-7
4 This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says to all those I carried into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: 5 "Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. 6 Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. 7 Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper."
Psalm 122
A song of ascents. Of David.
1 I rejoiced with those who said to me,
"Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2 Our feet are standing
in your gates, O Jerusalem.
3 Jerusalem is built like a city
that is closely compacted together.
4 That is where the tribes go up,
the tribes of the LORD,
to praise the name of the LORD
according to the statute given to Israel.
5 There the thrones for judgment stand,
the thrones of the house of David.
6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May those who love you be secure.
7 May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels."
8 For the sake of my brothers and friends,
I will say, "Peace be within you."
9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your prosperity.





1 comment:
You have such a good attitude. God will put people in your life just like he did in Columbus. I'm speaking from experience. :)
Post a Comment