Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My God Moment

The past week or so I have been getting very anxious to know where the Army will move us or not move us come June. I have felt a peace all along that wherever we go is where God wants us. That has been a big step in itself. Burt and I didn't much sweat ranking our choices because of that. We know God is bigger than the Army. It is the not knowing that is really getting to me. Burt's cousin Edward knows his assignment and as of two days ago two of the residents here at Fort Benning know their assignments as well. So I was getting to the point that I just want to KNOW. Then yesterday clear as day God said "Do not be anxious but by prayer and petition." I was like Whoa! Then I went to Philippians and started reading. I got out two versions, NIV and NLT, and liked a different part of each. So I wrote each version down on a notecard and gave one to Burt and kept the other for myself.

NIV says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippains 4:6-7

I love the do not be anxious part in the NIV.

Then the NLT says, "Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts, and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

I love that if you do this you will experience God's peace which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.

I can't say that I am not going to start to get anxious or worry again until we find out, which will most likely be in April, but God has given me his word and I must present my requests to him in thanksgiving. He is a mighty big God and he will take care of us no matter what.

*** After I posted this morning I was off to Bible Study. One of the key points from Beth Moore today was To readjust our vision, Christ may choose to rearrange our surroundings. You think God is trying to tell me something? We will just have to wait and see. It may mean literally but it may mean figuratively but I just want to be open to the change.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

God's word is awesome isn't it. It's is hard to wait but the peace He gives is Awesome!!! Good WOrd :)

Lori said...

I love your obedience.

Anonymous said...

Lori,

You continue to inspire me. You are one of my special daughters!
Love,
Dick
Jer. 29:11

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

I've been where you are...we prayed and prayed and prayed about our assignment. We NEVER expected to go to the desert, but when the job dropped itself in our lap, we kind of figured it was a God thing. We're praying for you guys too. I hope things work out as you want them, but I know they will work out as God wants them.
Martha
I wish I had a Bible study to go to here. I really miss that.